UPDATE blackra1n RC2 now available Windows and Mac
Click the link at the bottom of the post AFTER YOU READ IT.
The following is taken from:
Last night, GeoHot has released blakra1n RC2. The jailbreak offers a few more features such as a tethered jailbreak for out-of-the box 3.1 firmware as well the new iPhone 3GS that ships with the new bootrom. The new version of blackra1n also includes a working version of Icy… the previous version of the jailbreak included an older version of Icy which was causing issues for a lot of people.
You can download blackra1n RC2 at blackra1n.com.. There is both a Windows and a Mac version of the jailbreak. Below is a complete list of new features for blackra1n RC2.
** Update — RC2 is out **
Fixed 3G issues
Tethered jailbreak for 3.1 OOTB ipt 8GB and new 3GSes
Fixed Icy issues
Both Windows and Mac
If you used RC1 with success, no need to rerun………..
And now the original post:
A few days ago we told you about GoeHot and that he had found a jailbreak, which he is calling blackra1n, that would work on all devices. Well, last night, he released the jailbreak.
There are a few things to note.
– The jailbreak is now available for Windows and Mac.
– blackra1n does not hactivate your iPhone (fake activate it). So, in order to use this jailbreak you will need to have an iPhone on an official carrier.
– 3G and 3GS unlockers “do not upgrade to 3.1.2 using iTunes if you want to keep your unlock. Baseband cannot be downgraded. Check out the dev team’s offerings.”
– blackra1n does jailbreak the third generation iPod touch however, it is a tether jailbreak. ” In order to boot it, just rerun blackra1n.”
– blackra1n should work on devices using firmware 3.0 and up.
If you fit all those rules, you can get the jailbreak here.