To all of you that have upgraded to iOS4.0 and want to jailbreak easily, then you are in luck!
I just jailbroke my 3gs on iOS4.0 using this incredibly simply web app run directly from the safari browser on the iphone! Sounds to good to be true right? Well no it really works! Read the following taken from iphonehacks.com or if you are ready to jump right in then follow this link on your iphone:
It’s called JailbreakMe and is the world’s first solution to jailbreak iPhone 4. Comex’s solution is the mother of all jailbreaking solutions for iDevices as an iDevice can be jailbroken using Mobile Safari.
JailbreakMe 2.0 supports the following devices and iOS:
- iPod Touch 1G on iOS 3.1.2
- iPod Touch 1G on iOS 3.1.3
- iPod Touch 2G on iOS 3.1.2
- iPod Touch 2G on iOS 3.1.3
- iPod Touch 2G on iOS 4.0
- iPod Touch 3G on iOS 3.1.2
- iPod Touch 3G on iOS 3.1.3
- iPod Touch 3G on iOS 4.0
- iPad on iOS 3.2
- iPad on iOS 3.2.1 (we are hearing that users are facing issues) [Comex has released a fix for the issue]
- iPhone 3G on iOS 3.1.2
- iPhone 3G on iOS 3.1.3
- iPhone 3G on iOS 4.0
- iPhone 3G on iOS 4.0.1
- iPhone 3G[S] iOS on 3.1.2
- iPhone 3G[S] iOS on 3.1.3
- iPhone 3G[S] iOS on 4.0
- iPhone 3G[S] iOS on 4.0.1
- iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0
- iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0.1
Few things that you should do or know before you proceed:
- It is always a good idea to take a backup of your iPhone before you hack it, refer to this post for more details.
- Here are some of the known issues and Comex is working hard to fix them:
- It does not work on iPad running iOS 3.2.1 [Comex has released a fix for the issue]
- Some users have reported issue with MMS and FaceTime [Comex has fixed the issue with MMS and FaceTime]
- JailbreakMe does not hactivate your iPhone, so your iPhone should be activated via iTunes first. You can checkout this article to hactivate your iPhone without an official iPhone carrier SIM or simply borrow your friends official iPhone SIM to activate your iPhone.
- JailbreakMe does not unlock your iPhone. You can installUltrasn0w to unlock iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. iPhone 4users need to wait for some more time as iPhone Dev Teamis working on it.
- Some users are reporting missing pixels issue.
All you need to do is visit JailbreakMe.com on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad’s Mobile Safari browser and swipe on the ‘slide to jailbreak’ button and wait for the process to complete to jailbreakit. You will see the following screens during the entire process.
Yup, I’m not kidding, it’s really that simple. I just tried it out and it works like a charm.
We thought Spirit was an easy to jailbreak an iPhone but JailbreakMe is even easier. Kudos to Comex and team for all the hard work in releasing the tool.
As always, please let us know how it goes.
Thanks everyone for the tip!
Adding http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/ in Cydia and installing their package should fix MMS issues for T-Mobile users.
If JailbreakMe.com doesn’t work for you then you can try out this alternative link: http://jailbreakme.modmyi.com/
Comex has reproduced the MMS/FaceTime issue that users have been reporting, which should help in fixing the issue.
If you want to unlock your iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G then you need to first jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 4 or iOS 4.0.1 using JailbreakMe and then install Ultrasn0w 0.93 to unlock your iPhone.
It looks like Comex has found the solution for the MMS/FaceTime issue.
Comex has fixed the MMS and FaceTime issue. So if you are using JailbreakMe for the first time then you should not face the MMS and FaceTime issues as Comex has included the fix in JailbreakMe. If you hit the issue after installing JailbreakMe then open Cydia and upgrade when prompted. If FaceTime is missing then you might have to enable it via the Settings app (Settings -> Phone -> Enable FaceTime toggle)
Comex has released a new version of JailbreakMe that should fix the issue jailbreaking iPad on iOS 3.2.1.
If ‘slide to jailbreak’ doesn’t work on JailbreakMe.com then reboot your iDevice and try the alternative link: http://jailbreakme.modmyi.com/ It seems to work for some of our readers.