The app is designed to stream radio stations and podcasts from all over the world, but what makes it stand out for me is the ability to live pause , rewind (Yes rewind!!) and record the streams for future listening pleasure!
Think of those times that you have been listening to the radio and thought , what did he or she say, too late you missed it, but not now! You can rewind in 10 sec increments and catch up on what you missed.
The user interface is nicely designed and easy to use.
The app works over wifi and 3G which is cool.
So that’s why TuneIn Radio is my App of the year…….so far!!
Read more taken the developer’s site: Synsion Radio Technologies
Listen to and record over 40,000 radio stations including thousands of AM/FM local stations on your iPhone or iPod touch with TuneIn Radio!
We’ve partnered with RadioTime to give you access to the best internet radio directory available including music, talk, sports and news stations from all over the world. With RadioTime, you get more than just a list of stations. You get a radio guide that helps you find the shows and stations that matter to you.
Plus, with TuneIn Radio, you can pause and rewind live radio just like your DVR.
Available Stations: Search for supported stations on the Available Stationspage.
- NEW for iOS 4 – Play all stations, podcasts and recordings in the background on your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and 3rd Gen iPod touch (32/64 GB)
- NEW for iOS 4 – Control audio playback with the built-in music controls, Apple headphone controls and most dock controls
- Record any station for playback later (on demand or with record timer)
- Alarm Clock
- RadioTime directory featuring 40,000+ radio stations
- Simple, quick, and easy-to-use interface
- Browse local stations with GPS or WiFi location
- Search for stations by keyword
- Pause live streams for up to 30 minutes
- Rewind and fast forward within last 30 minutes streamed (skip directly to the beginning of songs when listening to stations with song information)
- Listen to podcasts of radio shows when available
- Bookmark your favorite stations, categories or shows
- Play MP3 and AAC stations in the background in Safari on non-multitasking capable devices
- Web browser – Surf the web while listening to your favorite streams
- Sleep timer
- Search for stations playing your favorite song or artist (only select US stations currently supported)
- Access to you RadioTime.com presets
- Join your RadioTime account with TuneIn Radio – this merges your RadioTime presets and TuneIn Radio bookmarks
- Bookmarks list displays current song or show for each station when available
- Skip back 10 second button
- Album art displayed when available
- Show or station logo displayed when available
- Current song or show information displayed when available
- Time remaining displayed for shows when available
- Browse recently played stations
- Automatic restart of last playing station on startup
- Automatic reconnect on loss of connection
- Progress bar shows player position in 30 minute buffer
- Tap album art, show or station logo to display additional show or station information when available
- Tap Options on Now Playing view for additional listening options:
View station schedules when available
Report problems with streams
Choose an alternate stream or bit rate when available
View related and recommended streams, shows and genres
- Tap button below the currently playing song information for additional options:
Listen to artist station in Last.fm app
Buy currently playing song on iTunes
- Enter custom stream URLs
- Configure auto-restart and buffer before playing in the Settings application under RadioIn
- Supported stream formats: MP3, AAC, WMA, Real, Ogg Vorbis, FLV
- Supported stream protocols: HTTP, RTSP, MMSH, RTMP
- Supported playlist formats: M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, SMIL